I am delighted that you are reading this. It means you have stumbled across one of the best and happiest prep schools in the UK!
When you are thinking about your son’s future I can guarantee one thing: that you want the very best for him. You want his school days to be friendly and fulfilling, to give him real opportunities to learn and develop in a whole range of different areas, to make sure he is able to make real friends and yet get along with everyone.
Well it’s not a decision to take lightly. It is a tough call for most parents. After all, if your son is so young, what will he be like as he matures? What are his emerging strengths and what will his personality be like in two, five or ten years’ time?
So at Rokeby we aim to give your son the very best start in life. We want to give him a sound and strong foundation in his Academic subjects, to enable him to develop in Sports, the Arts and an all-round and exciting curriculum with plenty of additional adventures besides. We want him to be fulfilled and engaged but also to learn the unwritten lessons: how to treat himself well, and others too, to get along with everyone, to achieve in his own right and as part of a team. How to experience success and feel proud, but also to cope with challenges and setbacks. How to gain entry into an excellent senior school…
Rokeby has much to offer:
- Continuous education from 4+ to 13+
- A chance to experience the ‘stand-alone’ pre-prep and prep without tying your son into one school for his whole education
- The benefits of single sex education: a focus on what motivates boys to achieve
- Impressive facilities to deliver first-class opportunities for studies, Sports, IT and the Arts.
- A determination to offer these opportunities to each and every boy entrusted to us and to help them to engage with the learning; and
- A strong tradition for achieving well and gaining access to some of the finest secondary schools in the country.
We achieve all of this by focusing on each boy and by ensuring that we create a calm, positive learning environment in every aspect. We recognise and celebrate the fact that every boy is different, unique and very, very important.
What does a Rokeby boy look like? That’s easy: your son.
If you visit us, you will sense immediately what we have to offer. When Princess Alexandra came to open our new Lower School building and Performing Arts Hall, this is what she wrote: ‘Such a delightful atmosphere pervaded the whole place’
Come and visit, stay for coffee, and see what you think for yourself.